Monday 5 December 2011

Contents Pages

When studing both the Mojo magazine and MixMag, I decided that the same layout is commonly used and that I should consider using the same layout in my own magazine;

Both included a main picture which was a square- not cut/edited, which took up about a third of the page. They were both of people dancing/partying, so were both action shots. This was to give the magazine a sense of fun and action.

In both magazines, there was text to one side and underneath the photo. In MixMag, the list of pages was to the edge of the page with some other information about the magazine underneath and in Mojo it was the other way round.

The most effective colours used was in MixMag where they used a dark background with yellow text on top for the page numbers, as it stands out the most, and the rest of the text was white.
I think I will use a similar idea with my contents page as this looked effective.

Both contents pages included the page number next to the name of the story included on that page plus a brief description of the article (a short sentace).

No comments:

Post a Comment