Tuesday 27 March 2012

In what ways does my media product use, develop or challenge forms and coventions of real media products?





I don't think my contents page really looks like a normal contents page; I don't think they usually put as much focus into their photos as I have done. Although I did attempt to make the photo more like a plain background image like other magazines, mine turned out to be centered completely around my model but I decided to keep this effect as I liked it.
Like a real contents page, I followed the convention that the page numbers stood out more than anything else; I used large numbers that were coloured to match the house theme amungst the other text which was just black.


I think that my double page spread is very typical of that of a mordern magazine as it included a large picture of the model for those who aspire to them and want to see them exposed on a full page, posing. And like a usual article, I had it in two columns to make for an easier read than a big chunk of text which may put people off reading it.
I made the page a green colour to stop the white space behind her looking blank and boring. I chose green as it looked good next to the pale colour she was wearing and stood out in a magazine which consisted mainly of dark greys, black and mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment